Nathan and Eppy talk about a remarkable two-parter from Season 3, To Protect and Serve. Jim is hired to find a run-away bride from New York, but that quickly becomes the background to the drama stemming from the interference of a police "buff" named Lianne who's fallen for Dennis. Ultimately a character study of the obsessive Lianne, this David Chase-written story balances all of our familiar characters with the her narrative focus, as well as introducing a new foe for Jim in the character of hit man "Anthony Boy" Gagglio - more about him in our next episode. Highly recommended!
We now have a second, patron-exclusive, podcast - Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
Support the podcast by subscribing at patreon.com/twohundredaday. Big thanks to our Gumshoe patrons! Check them out:
- Richard Hatem
- Victor DiSanto
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Jim Crocker - keep an eye out for Jim selling our games east of the Mississippi, and follow him on twitter @jimlikesgames
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- And thank you to Dael Norwood, Dylan Winslow, Dave P, and Dale Church!
- fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips
Two Hundred a Day is a podcast by game and narrative designers Nathan D. Paoletta and Epidiah Ravachol. In each episode we pick an episode of The Rockford Files, recap and review it as fans of the show, and tease out specific elements from that episode that hold lessons for writers, gamers and anyone else interested in making better narratives.Support Two Hundred A Day