Black Lives Matter. We support the ongoing uprisings against police brutality in the wake of the murder of George Floyd, and we wanted to both reflect on what this means for us and talk to our audience directly about how you can help. We start the conversation with our standard Plus Expenses-style check-in, and transition about half an hour in to talking about the protests and what we're currently grappling with as next steps towards a future without police.
Ways to help:
Thanks to Nathan Ward for mentioning us in his article Falling in Love with The Rockford Files All Over Again!
We now have a second, patron-exclusive, podcast - Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
Support the podcast by subscribing at patreon.com/twohundredaday. Big thanks to our Gumshoe patrons! Check them out:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Jim Crocker - keep an eye out for Jim selling our games east of the Mississippi, and follow him on twitter @jimlikesgames
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- And thank you to Dael Norwood, Dylan Winslow, Dave P, and Dale Church!
- fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips
Two Hundred a Day is a podcast by game and narrative designers Nathan D. Paoletta and Epidiah Ravachol. In each episode we pick an episode of The Rockford Files, recap and review it as fans of the show, and tease out specific elements from that episode that hold lessons for writers, gamers and anyone else interested in making better narratives.Support Two Hundred A Day