Star Trek TNG: A Fistful of Datas
April 1st, 2022
1 hr 9 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Welcome to Twenty Dollars a Day, the podcast where we explore our favorite holodeck adventures in the Star Trek universe! Nathan and Eppy go back to the Ancient West in TNG S6E8: A Fistful of Datas. The Enterprise has some well-deserved downtime, and Worf can't invent enough work to keep him from joining his son Alexander in the Ancient West town of Deadwood. Elsewhere, a test of Data's interface with the ship crosses some wires, and suddenly the villains of the Western adventure... are all Data. Sure, it's a silly episode, but it's also charming in its enthusiastic homage to Western films, and we had a really fun time talking about it!
Happy April, everyone! This is our fifth look at a Star Trek holodeck episode that follows on the themes of our first love, The Rockford FIles. Hope you enjoy it!
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Michael Zalisco
- Dael Norwood's historical research
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Jay Thompson, Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dave P, and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips