Nathan and Eppy discuss S4E12 The Queen of Peru. Rockford is trying to handle an insurance company client recover a stolen diamond, but things go pear-shaped as the crooks try to pull a fast one and the diamond ends up in... the RV of a family from Indiana? The Wronkos steal Jims grill, where the diamond happens to be, and well things just spiral from there. This comedic episode combines a sparking David Chase script with some great characters, and is rightly considered a Rockford Files classic. We really enjoyed it!
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
Support the podcast by subscribing at patreon.com/twohundredaday. Big thanks to our Gumshoe patrons! Check them out:
- Richard Hatem
- Victor DiSanto
- John Adamus, The Writer Next Door
- Lowell Francis's Age of Ravens gaming blog
- Kevin Lovecraft and the Wednesday Evening Podcast Allstars
- Mike Gillis and the Radio vs. The Martians Podcast
- And thank you to Dael Norwood, Shane Liebling, Dylan Winslow, Bill Anderson, Adam Alexander, Chris and Dave!
- zencastr.com for helping us record
- fireside.fm for hosting us
- thatericalper.com for the answering machine audio clips
- spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for the other audio clips
Support Two Hundred A Day
Two Hundred a Day is a podcast by Nathan D. Paoletta and Epidiah Ravachol. We are exploring the intensely weird and interesting world of the 70s TV detective show The Rockford Files. Half celebration and half analysis, we break down episodes of the show and then analyze how and why they work as great pieces of narrative and character-building. In each episode of Two Hundred a Day, we watch an episode, recap and review it as fans of the show, and then tease out specific elements from that episode that hold lessons for writers, gamers and anyone else interested in making better narratives.