Nathan and Eppy complete the Richie Brockelman duology with S5E19-20, Never Send a Boy King to Do a Man's Job. Richie's dad has been muscled out of the family printing business by an unscrupulous villain. The only way he can see to get it back is to run a con game on the mark... and that's where Jim comes in. Split into two episodes for syndication, this is another 2-hour-timeslot episode which gives us plenty of breathing room to appreciate all of the work that goes into a "big store" con game. This is really a wonderful episode, and we break it down in terms of the con game strategy Jim and Richie use before going into the scenes. Highly recommended!
We mention the book The Big Con: The Story of the Confidence Man by David Maurer. Check it out at Indiebound or wherever you get your books!
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Kip Holley, Dael Norwood, Dylan Winslow, Dave P, Dale Church and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips