Nathan and Eppy cover the penultimate episode (for us) of Season 2, Ep17 Joey Blue Eyes. Beth has an ex-con friend who's running into trouble with their straight restaurant business, and despite initial friction, Jim finally agrees to help out. Between loan sharks, Beth, Angel, quick cons and sparkling dialogue, this episode just exudes Rockfordishness. It's also the first appearance of James Luisi on the show, as villain Burt Stryker, and he's just as entertaining as his later recurring role as Lt. Chapman. This is a good one, folks!
Nathan mentions this obituary of the writer of this episode, Walter Dallenbach.
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dael Norwood, Dave P, Dale Church and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips