Nathan and Eppy go to the comedy club in S4E6 Requiem for a Funny Box. Washed-up comedian Kenny Bell asks Jim for some help after his "funny box" is stolen, but the exchange draws Jim into a mob murder! Untangling the murder requires Jim to suffer through getting the real story from the self-interested Kenny. Content Warning: This episode has quite a reveal (which we talk about in our intro) having to do with virulent homophobia and related off-screen violence. This is a good episode with some serious tonal shifts that make it interesting, but not necessarily one we'd recommend over other episodes.
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dael Norwood, Dave P, Dale Church and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips