Nathan and Eppy join Jim in an unexpected trip across the border in S4E18 South by Southeast. Due to a mistaken postal address, Jim is taken for a CIA operative and whisked away for a high-stakes meeting with a rich socialite, who he quickly discovers is in trouble herself. Despite a serious class divide, we watch romance blossom while Jim does his best to keep her from danger. This fun character study of an episode uses the North by Northwest homage framing to get things going, so if seeing Jim get out of his element is something you enjoy, this is one to check out for sure!
We mention the James Garner Animal Rescue Fund in this one. Check that out and consider making a donation at jgarf.org.
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Jay Thompson, Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dael Norwood, Dave P, and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips