The Dexter Crisis
December 12th, 2021
1 hr 26 mins 33 secs
About this Episode
Nathan and Eppy go to Vegas in S1E10 The Dexter Crisis. Jim is hired by the titular Dexter to find Susan, his mistress who suddenly took off, and quickly ends up partnered with her roommate Louise as they head to the only lead they have: Las Vegas. They find Susan quickly enough, but then a sudden attack, a rival PI and a mysterious suitcase complicate the story. Jim needs to find out what's going on to get paid, and the chase takes us down a number of scenic Nevada byways. A fun episode that features some foundational Rockfordishness, we enjoyed it despite a few little dangling plot threads.
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Dael Norwood's historical research
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Jay Thompson, Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dave P, and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips