Nathan and Eppy meet an old friend of Jims in S4E15 The Gang at Don's Drive-In. Jack Skowron, former best-selling writer and current alcoholic, is in LA chasing down stories for a new book with Jim's help. When he gets beat up, Jim starts to suspect there's more to his agenda, and has to uncover the sordid story behind a decades-old high school party gone wrong. A fun watch overall, with a sometimes-muddled story elevated by screen chemistry and some truly all-timer Rocky and Dennis appearances!
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Michael Zalisco
- Dael Norwood's historical research
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Jay Thompson, Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dave P, and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips