Nathan and Eppy go to Bay City in S1E4 Exit Prentiss Carr. An old flame hires Jim to find her husband, but he only finds the body. When the Bay City police rule it a suicide, Jim has to figure out who is lying to him and why, all while keeping one step ahead of the local cops who have it out for him personally. A very well-paced early season episode, we really enjoyed watching Jim do PI things while still settling into the character we would get to know so well!
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Jordan Bockelman
- Michael Zalisco
- Joe Greathead
- Mitch Hampton's Journey of an Aesthete Podcast
- Dael Norwood wrote a book! Trading Freedom: How Trade with China Defined Early America
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Pumpkin Jabba Peach Pug, Dave P, Dave Otterson, Kip Holley and Dale Church!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips