After fielding the recordings on our answering machine, Nathan and Eppy take a trip to Jersey in S6E10 Just a Coupla Guys. This is a very Rockford-lite episode, centering instead on two hapless Jerseyites who want to make it in with the mob. A backdoor pilot for a never-produced show, this David Chase-written episode foreshadows a lot of what ended up in the Sopranos, but doesn't really give us what we come to the Rockford Files for. Interesting to talk about, though!
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Bill Anderson
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Jordan Bockelman
- Michael Zalisco
- Joe Greathead
- Mitch Hampton's Journey of an Aesthete Podcast
- Dael Norwood wrote a book! Trading Freedom: How Trade with China Defined Early America
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Pumpkin Jabba Peach Pug, Dave P, Dave Otterson, Kip Holley and Dale Church!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips