Nathan and Eppy dive into one of the most oddball episodes, S4E8 Irving the Explainer. It's an intentionally obtuse episode that really benefits from seeing it cold - if you haven't, be warned that we might spoil the fun with our discussion! Written by David Chase, this episode seems to be a pretty polarizing one, and we talk about the various lenses through which you can view it to find the fun. Content warning: the episode isn't really about Naziism, but it contains references to Nazis and Nazi sympathizers, and includes newsroom footage of Hitler in the opening credits.
We have another podcast: Plus Expenses. Covering our non-Rockford media, games and life chatter, Plus Expenses is available via our Patreon at ALL levels of support.
Want more Rockford Files trivia, notes and ephemera? Check out the Two Hundred a Day Rockford Files Files!
We appreciate all of our listeners, but offer a special thanks to our patrons. In particular, this episode is supported by the following Gumshoe and Detective-level patrons:
- Richard Hatem
- Brian Perrera
- Eric Antener
- Bill Anderson
- Chuck from whatchareading.com
- Paul Townend, who recommends the Fruit Loops podcast
- Shane Liebling's Roll For Your Party dieroller app
- Jay Adan's Miniature Painting
- Jay Thompson, Matthew Lee, Kip Holley, Dael Norwood, Dave P, Dale Church and Dave Otterson!
- Fireside.fm for hosting us
- Audio Hijack for helping us record and capture clips from the show
- Spoileralerts.org for the adding machine audio clip
- Freesound.org for other audio clips